First Street Pasture
The First Street Pasture is a 426-acre parcel of land located to the east of Brandon and south of Highway 1. This pasture was previously used as herd overflow by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC), and did not have any cross fencing or planned grazing on the site in previous years.
For a look at the progress of our many projects throughout 2015 please see the MBFI Annual Report- 2015.
- Field 1: Increased Production on Marginal Pastureland Through Pasture Management
- Field 2: Biocontrol on Leafy spurge
- Field 3: Simple Rotational Grazing
- Field 4: Preservation of Native Species
- Field 5: Site Resources - Infrastructure and Capacity
- Field 6: Hay Land
- Teaching Cattle to Eat Leafy Spurge
- Sod and Mop Seeding of Legumes